Wednesday, September 26, 2007

286 - The Flaming Lips at the Uptown Theater

Looney and I went to see the Flaming Lips. The crowd seemed to be more of the hippie/granola jam band kind, which I don't see much of with the shows I usually see. But they were a little kooky and fun-loving. It's funny, the big time fans treated this show the same way tailgaters do at a Kansas City Chiefs game. Fans were early waiting in line. Fans wore costumes, because the whole show was like a party. Fans brought their own props and had traditions. (like balloons and stuff.)

Anyway here are some words to describe the show:
Richard Simmons, Aliens, Santas, Balloons, lots of Balloons, human inside a beach ball crowd surfing, Super Hero Roadies, Laser Pointers (they passed them out to everyone), confetti, fog machine smoke, megaphone, confetti/smoke cannons, streamers. That's all for now.

Here are some pictures that I took. Enjoy!













5 comments:

shakedust said...

What happened to 286? :)

Maybe I'm missing something, but could you elaborate on Richard Simmons? At first I thought you must have meant Gene Simmons.

Achtung BB said...

I would love to go see Flaming Lips. There concerts are pretty legendary. I hope they hit Portland.

f o r r e s t said...

Dust, you caught me on my number thing. I was trying to achieve 500 the quick way.

I can elaborate on Richard Simmons with a few photos. Stay Tunned, I guess.

Portland wawa said...

Looks like a good time. BB is probably jealous.

T said...

The idea of lasers sounds cool, was it effective with everyone having them?