Wednesday, February 28, 2007

265 - casual reading

Here are a couple of books that I got for Christmas that I have casually been reading over the last couple of months:

U2 By U2
This is a coffee table sized book. It covers the span of the bands career with personal autobiographical stories, interviews, and great photos. I love it. I am a fan of the band and learning one's backstory and creative process has alway intrigued me.

Rick Steves' Venice 2007
I have always enjoyed Rick Steve's outlook on travel and I am jealous that he has a great job. He loves life, people, and travel. Vernal and I learned some great tips through his other books on our previous travels through Europe. I thought I get a good handle on Venice and the region before I head out.

Sidenote: Rick Steves' has a travel podcast through iTunes that is really good. It captures his quirky personality and informs on great travel destinations around the globe.

6 comments:

roamingwriter said...

You learn all the good stuff about Venice and then tell us! We have his Italy book but haven't done anything with it yet. The Spain one is getting dog earred. I'm definitely going to check out the podcast - yes I have an ipod now! Who am I?

Achtung BB said...

I so want that U2 book. It's a little expensive. When are you heading out to Venice?

shakedust said...

Yeah, we're going to have to hear about how the Italy trip goes. When is that, by the way?

Short books are often the best kind.

Anonymous said...

Venice - wow! Wish I could go!

f o r r e s t said...

I am going over mid-march.

windarkwingod said...

U2 looks so freaking YOUNG! I remember seeing their Gloria video on MTV way back in the last century. I was overcome....
Venice in the early Spring holds a certain beauty that you will find. The colder the weather, the more austere and evocative the floating city can be....