Monday, August 28, 2006

234 - Summer 2006

It's that time of the season, again...the time where I put together a bunch of songs from albums that I have been listening to this summer. This summer mix is more carefree and upbeat than my usual mixes...I guess that is the nature of summer...being outdoors, going to the pool, barbequeing, etc. I can't wait for the fall, because I look moody music the best.

Tracklising:
  1. Tilly and the Wall - Rainbows in the Dark...this band uses a tap dancer for all percussion.
  2. Hard-Fi - Hard to Beat...this song reminds me a bit of the Clash at a dance party.
  3. Keane - Crystal Ball...big song.
  4. Ladytron - White Light Generator...female dreampop.
  5. Joy Electric - The Brass Stopped Before the Second Mooring...nice minimal, electronic.
  6. Asobi Seksu - Goodbye...more female dreampop.
  7. Mutemath - Noticed...a little bit of everything, including Sting.
  8. Bon Voyage - West Coast Friendship...sunny female dreampop.
  9. The Weepies - A painting by Chagall...I have been enchanted with this song all summer.
  10. The Violet Burning - Blown Away...another classic.
  11. Editors - Munich...I'm so glad I found this.
  12. The Concretes - On the Radio...sweet female Swedish pop.
  13. Mojave 3 - Running With Your Eyes Closed...roll your windows down, feel the breeze song.
  14. Starflyer 59 - I Win...what am I supposed to say, my talent is an aquired taste.
  15. Morrissey - You Have Killed Me...what's my life for.
  16. Fair - Monday...Aaron Sprinkles new band-great summer music.
  17. Pony Express - Fraud...fuzzy and messy.
  18. The Flaming Lips - Haven't Got a Clue...tasty.
  19. Sufjan Stevens - The Perpetual Self...uh-oh!
  20. Dashboard Confessional - So Long, So Long...sappy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! A very robust list! You have given me some great ideas for our road trip this weekend to St. Louis for the Gateway Cup bike race...1-70 has to be the WORST/ most Boring drive. I will have to pull some of these out of my collection to burn. I would add Joe Satriani "Summertime" just because.

roamingwriter said...

I love fall. My favorite season. Not sure if it's moody to me or not, but I love getting out the sweatshirts and the crunch of walking in leaves. It's an invigorating time for me.

shakedust said...

This is almost the Autumn album. What do you think is the overall feel of this one?

f o r r e s t said...

Why don't I give you a copy and you tell me what the overall feel is?

I think it sounds like summer. A bit louder and more upbeat.

windarkwingod said...

Why don't you give ME a copy so I can tell YOU what the overall feel is. (Maybe I will continue to hold Alias Season One as hostage until a drop-off is negotiated...)

f o r r e s t said...

I think something can be worked out. I am sure we have your address somewher, but can you privately email you addy.

What's up with you new pic? Is that a wound?

windarkwingod said...

Why yes it is 3 new stitches I got at a Spanish Emergency Room last week after a wooden pillar lunged at me much to my surprise. I think its a bit hammy to make it my little ID pic but... must go. Our new dog stole a shoe and is chewing on it in the backyard.