Monday, August 21, 2006

232

Some events over the past week:

  • I did not post anything and it felt great. I just was not interested. Maybe I am getting bored with all of this or maybe I was just too busy with other stuff.
  • Ewe and I went to see the movie Barnyard : the original party animals on one of my half-Fridays. Our outing always involve slushies at QT.
  • One Saturday, we had the Sharenbergs and the Whites (college friends and family) over for dinner. I again tested my skills of barbeque and smoked some pork ribs and pork loin.
  • I enjoyed some of the best weather of the summer and took our dog for walks after the kids were tucked in bed.
  • Our neighborhood hosted it's annual picnic that we all went to. Not much action and not too exciting, but they had the folks from Werner's Market grilling the brats and sausages.
  • Doc was in town and we went out for lunch at Cupini's on 43rd Street. It was good to see him and catch up a bit before he heads back to Wisconsin. He is buying all sorts of furniture and is getting all moved in to his new house.
  • I saw this beat-up truck loose it's front driversided tire on the highway. It was a strange event, that suddenly made you keenly aware of your surroundings. It might have been a donut tire, because when it flew off, it looked smaller than normal. But out of the corner of my eye, I see the tire go spinning off to the left. It hits the median barrier and bounces over onto oncoming traffic - which can be very dangerous. The truck is now functioning on 3 tires as I see sparks coming from the axel of the missing tire. I think the driver is aware of what happened and is pulling over to the exit ramp - the same one I am taking. But the driver is not pulling over to the shoulder. He proceeded to turn onto 18th Street Expressway and continue driving as if nothing happened. I looked behind me and he wasn't being chased by cops or anything. The whole thing seemed crazy and quite odd.
  • I had a couple of soccer games on the Friday nights.
  • We went over the the Demeree's house, because a few in my family and them were hosting some exchange students for the week for some event that I really don't know to much about.
  • We did some house cleaning over the weekend - steam cleaning the carpet and me organizing my space which needs a good re-work a couple times a year.
That is all I can think of real quick.

7 comments:

shakedust said...

When NJ was born you were on my case about only posting once in a week. :)

Remember, you started this whole thing.

f o r r e s t said...

Well, that was becuase you set yourself up this tight schedule that you post on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturdays or something like that. Plus, you have pre-typed post just waiting to be added on the right day.

I, however, don't live by those rules.

I was curious to see if you would stick to your strict schedule of postings or relax it with the baby.

Dash said...

Once again forrest leave us out of the barbeque bonanza!!!

dwhitey said...

Hey Forrest, the bbq rocked! We had a great time. Vernal baked the most awesome puffy sweet things ever! ShanArt tried them this weekend and they went over well! Check my new post with pics of the big bass I was telling you about! D

f o r r e s t said...

You want a barbeque bonanza? Well, why didn't you ask? That's not a bad idea.

Stephanie said...

I'm ready to get a piece of the bbq action!!!!

roamingwriter said...

Interesting about schedules...I've always been anti schedule anything and still live that way mostly. Over here, Dar somehow started a schedule for his part of keeping the house clean, so I'm matching it on different days with my part. It's actually taken a ton of pressure out of the house stuff. Much to my surprise.