Sunday, July 01, 2007

272 - I'm gonna try harder

It's no secret - I have been a bit bored with the whole blog thing for a while now.

I guess I felt embarrassed by it...like I am some teenage girl who feels that they have something to say and the world is collectively rolling their eyes.

So as you can tell, most of my post over the last year have been impersonal.

But a lot of my Homers have moved away:

Darwin is in Madrid.

Doc is in Wisconsin.

ActungBrian is in Portland.

Dash is in Indiana

Taz is in the Military going somewhere soon.

Our crew is down to Dust and me on Thursday nights...and we are looking at a rebuilding effort to keep things alive.

I am going to make an effort to try harder at this. Maybe give you a story every now and then. We started the whole blog thing when Darwin left our group in hopes that it would be a good way to keep in contact. And it has been successful.

I am saddened when I think of all the good friends that I have had in my life that I have let slip away. I blame it on being a guy, but maybe it is just laziness. I just don't keep up very well and when friends move away, the contact is gone and soon the relationship naturally ends.

Here is to a better future with this blog and hopefully maintaining contact with my friends.

(besides, it will be nice for Dust to have something to read considering all the work he puts into his.)

7 comments:

shakedust said...

Sounds great. Try not to turn this into something you have to do rather than something you want to do, though.

I am probably the worst person in the world at keeping up with friends after they or I move. Without the blogs, it just wouldn't happen.

Achtung BB said...

You got that right! I found that the blog is the best way to stay connected and look forward to reading everyones.

f o r r e s t said...

Good advice, Dust. With your rigorous schedule of postings, it is something you want to do, right?

shakedust said...

Usually.

roamingwriter said...

Glad to hear you are wanting to hang in there with it. I love it but of course I'm far away from the security net of any of my good friends. I'm not always faithful with it, but it's a lot about not putting pressure on yourself. The other hard thing for me is to be personal with you guys, but not so much that I get weird questions from the lurking family members.

roamingwriter said...

Hope you can sustain the Homers.

Also - I'm almost done with the Broker and I'm enjoying it. Read it all weekend at the beach, I love that!

shakedust said...

Beach? Can you refresh this Kansan as to what a beach is? :)